The TRANSUNIV Interreg project launches the 3rd edition of the Innovation Brainstorm and Bootcamp. This year's topic is Circular Economy.
The goal of this “Circular Bootcamp” is to set up concrete collaborations between universities, companies and public or private institutions in the region Flanders-Wallonia-France.
The Circular Bootcamp builds on a brainstorm that we organised in October. Senior researchers and professors from the 6 partner universities
and some socio-economic actors have chosen the
societal challenges with regards to the circular economy that will be solved during the bootcamp.
From 9 to 11 December, we organise the actual bootcamp, fully online, for a group of 30 PhDs. They will work on concrete solutions for these societal challenges. Register now for the bootcamp!
This is the list of topics that will be tackled during the bootcamp.
- Replacing synthetic materials by biobased materials
- Using waste (sorted & purified) as a new resource in the construction industry
- Making products last longer with a new business model
- Turning waste from the AgroFood industry into new applications
- Creating a new market demand for recycled materials (new business opportunity)
- Disrupting the circular economy with a new concept for any of the GAFAM companies (Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft)
If you and your company or organisation are interested in one of these topics, please contact Peter Bertels.
We will organise the bootcamp, fully online, from 9 to 11 December.
A group of 30 PhDs will work on the above challenges.
We will apply design thinking and business modeling in order to put research into practice!
Are you interested to work with other researchers or companies? Do you want to explore the circular economy and see how your research fits in? Do you want to find opportunities for a research project or maybe even a start-up?
Then this bootcamp is definitely for you!
- We start every day at 9 AM and we close every day at 5 PM (with time for lunch break)
- The program includes a practical course in tools and techniques of design thinking and business modeling that you immediately apply in the group work in your team.
- On Friday at 3.30 PM, all teams will pitch the result of their project
- In between, we stimulate networking with the other PhD students
- This is a 100% online bootcamp, so you can participate safely from home or from your office
- Download the complete programme
Register for the bootcamp and chose your topic!